Wednesday, November 4, 2009

7th Arrested in Gang Rape (response blog)

Seven people have been arrested in a gang rape case in the city of Richmond in northern California. The rape of a young teenage girl occurred after a school homecoming dance it is possible that up to 10 people partook in the rape. The incident last for over two and half hours and over 10 bystanders. None of the reported 10 bystanders did anything to stop the rape or call for 911. The victim was in critical condition when brought to the hospital but was released Wednesday for the hospital. Parents of victim are asking for help to find attackers and for the community to make sure nothing like this happens again.
I think that this is an extremely sad story and disgusts me. The whole thing is an absolute horror and is what I would consider a cowardly and disturbing act. How can ten guys just take a helpless girl and rape her for tow and half hours? How can those guys think that its ok to do, that nothing is going to happen to them? They're a bunch of cowards and perverts and need to receive the most severe punishment possible for their crime. Another thing I don't understand is how people could see what was happening and not call for help or stop the whole thing. I know if I was in that situation that I would do everything I could stop it regardless of how many guys were there. Someone should have done something, those people who walked by could have done something but more importantly should have something.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/03/california.gang.rape/index.html?eref=rss_topstories



Another blog that feels the same way that I do about the incident. Olivia Rice's blog I support and feel we have a similar view. You can relate to her blog @ http://oliviarice.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment